It's no secret that I dated my share of men before I met my husband. Typically, I would only go out with a man once or twice before it was determined that he was "not the one". By the time I made it to grad school at age 28 1/2 (thank you very much), my mom decided that all men I dated would be called by a number rather than a name. She said that this way, she wouldn't learn who they were and become attached to them.
When I started dating Randy, he became labeled by my mom as the number 303. Randy and I had our first date on Valentine Day of 2009, and before he even got to my door, all the women of the family were referring to him as 303. (The poor guy). Believe me, no one thought it would last past the first date.
In May of 2009, Randy and I were still dating, and I think my mom was finally believing that a husband could possibly be in my future. She decided that she should have a "meet Randy" get together in Augusta. By get together this means inviting our entire family, plus close friends of mine and hers. I think at one point, we had 20+ people sitting in the living room staring at Randy and I. It was quite an awkward evening, but those lucky people got a first hand look at my future husband.
Obviously he was the one for me, and we were married on February 13, 2010. Mom no longer calls him 303, but rather my favorite son-in-law (special, but he's the only one in the fam). It's nice to have a husband that's no longer a number!
*Randy has been living in Coronado, CA since August 8th for a training that lasts until Sept. 10th. I came to visit for 2.5 weeks, and when I walked up to the door of the hotel, this is what I saw....
No comments:
Post a Comment